Friday, May 29, 2020
The below information applies to 2020 championship series events at Knoxville Raceway that have been permitted to allow a limited number of spectators. These restrictions and protocols will be in place until further notice.
Information for Participants:
• If a driver or any team member has symptoms of Covid-19, has been exposed to Covid-19, or is awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, he or she is asked not to attend the event. Symptoms include Fever, Muscle Pain, Cough, Headache, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Sore Throat, Loss of Taste or Smell, Chills or Repeated Shaking with Chills.
• All drivers, team members and anyone entering the infield area will be required to participate in a temperature test before entering the infield. These will be in held in the main show barn located at the Turn 4 crossover gate, starting at 3pm, CT. Any attendee with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed into the Facility. If a driver or team member should experience any symptoms throughout the event, he or she should alert an official immediately.
• Covid-19 release forms will be required to be signed by anyone entering the infield
• Limit of 70 pre-registered teams in the infield
• Limit of six members per team (including driver)
• All participants and team members are asked to practice social distancing at all times during the race night
• Teams must allow 6’ between each team’s transporter. Knoxville Raceway officials will organize parking accordingly.
• Face Masks are encouraged, but not required. We strongly suggest wearing a face mask at all times, especially if you leave your specific pit area. When conversing with others outside your pit area masks need to be worn.
• Additional hand washing and sanitizer stations will be located in the infield
• Only the winning drivers will be permitted to enter Victory Lane. Team and family photos will not be permitted at this time. Only essential team members will be permitted to enter Victory Lane and will only be permitted to stay near the car on the west end of Victory Lane. Masks must be worn in victory lane. Masks can be removed for individual photos but must remain on for all inteviews.
• There will be no infield parking for personal vehicles
• Pit area will not be opened to fans following the event
• All drivers and teams are asked to be out of the infield within one hour of the checkered flag for the final event of the night.
Information for Spectators:
• If a spectator has any symptoms of Covid-19, has been exposed to Covid-19 or is awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, the track respectfully requests that the spectator not attend the event. Symptoms include Fever, Muscle Pain, Cough, Headache, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Sore Throat, Loss of Taste or Smell, Chills or Repeated Shaking with Chills.
• The maximum capacity for this event is 50% plus social distancing allowances. If more than 3,250 spectators are expected to be in attendance, both the front and backstretch grandstands will be opened. Concessions will not be opened on the backstretch for the June 6 event.
• Grandstand gates will open at 4:30pm, CT – for immunocompromised spectators as well as spectators who are 65 years of age or older. All other fans can enter starting at 5:30pm, CT.
• The elevator will begin service for suite holders and any fans with physical restrictions at 4:30pm, CT.
• Anyone utilizing the elevator will undergo a temperature test before entering. Any guest with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be asked to leave the premises.
• The elevator will be limited to five people maximum, unless guests are going to the same suite. The elevator will be in use solely for suite holders and guests with physical restrictions.
• All spectators are asked to practice social distancing at all times during the race night. Please sit in even numbered rows only and allow three seats between groups. Groups should be 10 people or less.
• Spectators are asked to maintain social distancing when in all lines, including but not limited to, ticket windows, entry, concession, and restroom. Additional ticket entry locations will be opened if necessary.
• Spectators are asked not to congregate in groups of more than 10 individuals throughout the race night.
• Face masks are highly recommended, but not required. We strongly suggest wearing a mask when conversing with spectators outside of your group, including at concessions, ticket window, etc.
• Bag check will still be in place, however spectators are asked to open their own bag and move any items requested by the track employee. Track employees will not touch your personal belongings.
• Tickets will be scanned and not torn as in the past
• Pass-outs will no longer be utilized. Tickets will be re-scanned upon exit and re-entry.
• Credit and debit cards are suggested for all transactions, but cash will be accepted.
• Tailgaiting, congregating in the parking lots or under the grandstands before or after the race night is not permitted.
• The infield pit area will not be open to spectators before or after the races.
• The JR. Fan Club will not be operating at this time.
• Only the west end restrooms, suite level, and infield restrooms will be open at this time. The restrooms will have attendants cleaning throughout the race night.
• Sanitizer and hand-washing stations will be available under the grandstands
Changes to Checkered Flag Concessions, Beer and Liquor Sales:
• Social distancing markings will be displayed on the floor for customers
waiting in line to ensure appropriate social distancing in concession stand lines.
• All lines will be one-way only with directional signage
• Food warmers will now be covered with a clear shield and as a result, customers will not be allowed to get their own food. CFC employees will prepare and gather all food, and personally hand to each customer.
• Condiments will be provided in individual packets and provided to customers at checkout. The condiment cart located outside of concessions will not be available.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be set up at all registers, available for the public to access/use.
• Protective shield(s) will be placed at all registers to ensure proper distance and protection between employees and the consumer
• Credit and debit cards are suggested for all transactions, but cash will be accepted
• If preferred, customers will have the option to swipe their own credit card at time of purchase.
• All employees will be temperature tested upon arrival at the race track. Any employee with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed into the facility.
• All employees will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times during their shift. This includes, but not limited to; face masks and gloves.
Information for Employees:
• If an employee has symptoms of Covid-19, has been exposted to Covid-19 or is awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, he or she is asked to call the ticket office and not come to the track. Symptoms include Fever, Muscle Pain, Cough, Headache, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Sore Throat, Loss of Taste or Smell, Chills or Repeated Shaking with Chills.
• All employees are required to visit the Bingley Building upon arrival for a mandatory temperature test. Any employee with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed into the Facility. Testing will begin at 2:30pm, CT.
• If an employee should experience any Covid-19 symptoms during the event, he or she should alert an office employee immediately.
• All employees, with the exception of infield officials, are required to wear a face mask throughout the racing event. Masks will be provided by Knoxville Raceway.
• Employees are asked to follow social distancing guidelines throughout the race night
• Employees are asked to thoroughly clean their area – touch points, bar tops, cash registers, working stations, etc – with disinfectant throughout the race night. Disinfectant and rags will be provided by Knoxville Raceway.
• Please take breaks throughout the night to thoroughly wash your hands. Additional hand washing stations will be located under the grandstands and in the infield. Sanitizer stations will be added as well.
• Please remind fellow employees and spectators to practice social distancing throughout the race night. If you see violations of social distancing and groups of more than 10 congregating, please contact a security team member.
Additional Implemented Precautions:
• CDC Instructional and Social Distancing signage will be placed throughout the grandstands and infield
• Continous PA announcements regarding social distancing and new guidelines and/or restrictions will be made throughout the race night
• Every other restroom stall and every two urinals will be unavailable for use
• The property will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each race night